• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hardware giveaway games

There are only three numbers left people. LOL ...and some of you apparently like to repeat wrong answers.

My spreadsheet makes it al least five.

And 15 minutes have passed, so, 33.

Edited to add: activity was happening while I was typing, so the remaining number changed as I was posting.

As fun as this competition has been for some people, please keep in mind it has generated a bit of extra work for the moderators, and has made some new members who are in the moderation queue fairly unhappy because their responses are not being seen.

To the people stuck in moderation - sorry, but we moderate new threads on a part-time basis. It's not going to happen in real-time.

I would also like to remind everybody that posting "PM Sent" is against our guidelines and policies, as it's just noise - the recipient will be told they have a PM sent. I'm ignoring this thread for now because it's too much to clean up.

I'd like to make the suggestion, you need 100 posts to be eligible. I think that is a common requirement for many many forums.

I would also like to remind everybody that posting "PM Sent" is against our guidelines and policies, as it's just noise - the recipient will be told they have a PM sent. I'm ignoring this thread for now because it's too much to clean up.

It isn't as much "noise" as many other posts I've seen here, and it hinders communication, which seems against the purpose of a forum in general. But, opinions are like assholes, and god knows I have both.

As fun as this competition has been for some people, please keep in mind it has generated a bit of extra work for the moderators, and has made some new members who are in the moderation queue fairly unhappy because their responses are not being seen.

To the people stuck in moderation - sorry, but we moderate new threads on a part-time basis. It's not going to happen in real-time.

I offered the new member from Vogons a follow up prize which he nicely refused and he was cool about it. I told him about the 10 minimum posts. It's actually my fault because I advertised it over at Vogons completely forgetting about the 10 posts minimum rule. I felt bad, tried to rectify it and all turned out ok because everyone was understanding and mature about it.

I offered the new member from Vogons a follow up prize which he nicely refused and he was cool about it. I told him about the 10 minimum posts. It's actually my fault because I advertised it over at Vogons completely forgetting about the 10 posts minimum rule. I felt bad, tried to rectify it and all turned out ok because everyone was understanding and mature about it.

I feel slightly bad too, but moderating is just the volunteer job. The day job takes precedence. ;-0

Cheers,
Mike

Back