• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Have a Macintosh-68k? Please run this for me!

vol.litwr

Experienced Member
I have written my first assembly program for the old good Mac. It is a number pi calculator that can give us any digits of the pi. It also outputs the amount of time spent on each calculation.
I am gathering timings for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits for the 68k system (up to the 68040). I have found out that emulators are rather inaccurate with timings and they are especially inaccurate for the 68020+ systems. So I need data from real hardware. I need just 3 timings for a system, optional screenshots are welcome too. For the 68020+ systems, would you like also to run the 68020 optimized program (pi20)?
I have tested my programs under MacOS 1.1-7.5.5 - they work fine on emulators.
Thank you.

Attachments

• macpi.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 8
I looked at your MPW assembly source file. I will run the application later today on my Mac 512K.

I looked at your MPW assembly source file. I will run the application later today on my Mac 512K.
Thank you. I would like your Mac to get results soon. You don't need to work with the sources, the binaries are provided. But it would be great if you could help me to make my code faster. Maybe it is possible to give more ticks to the CPU?
I have a problem with memory allocation. I use dynamic allocation now. But it is not optimal. I prefer to use a bss-block that adds to the end part of my code but I don't know how to implement this. :(

Back