• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Heathkit H11 haul

QuantumII

Veteran Member
Yesterday I picked up the Heathkit H11 machine and accessories.
What a great haul! It came with this stuff:

- Heath H11 computer
- Dual 8" Floppy drive unit
- Heath H89 All-In-One Computer
- A lot of documentation, all schematics and manuals and programming guides, import documents, building instructions and handwritten notes.
- 3 Heath catalogs from the 80's
- A lot of software on 8" and 5,25" floppies, both copies and originals with boxes.

I got it all from the original owner, builder and importer.

I also got this from him:

- A Compaq Portable/286 with a box full of floppies (Probably over 100, both copies and original software). It has a floppy drive, a tape streamer and a HDD.

It all looks really good, and he told me that everything was working when he packed it away in the late 80s.

I haven't gone trough everything yet, just carried it into the living room and took the pictures below: (Attached is the pictures the owner sent me when I asked about the machine)

EDIT: Oh, the pocket PC on top of the H89 is unrelated, I just left it there when I went to get the camera.

heath1.jpg

heath2.jpg

Attachments

• Heat-Dok.jpg
    Heat-Dok.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Heat-H11A_1.jpg
    Heat-H11A_1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Heat-H19.jpg
    Heat-H19.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Heat-H27_1.jpg
    Heat-H27_1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1
It all looks really good, and he told me that everything was working when he packed it away in the late 80s.
Heh, famous last words! ;-) It may well work, although after 20-ish years doing nothing, I'd be sure to check those power supplies first...

Nice haul all the same!

The H89 powers up nicely, and so does the Compaq Portable/286.

The rest is untested as I was so tired yesterday I had to go to bed early.

This afternoon is going to be fun :)

Back