• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help identify Rasterops NuBus video card?

NobodyIsHere

Veteran Member
Hi,
I recently came into possession of a very odd video card apparently for a Mac II with NuBus. Can anyone help identify it? I do not have a Mac so I cannot plug it into anything.

It is a two card video board from Rasterops with an apparent NuBus connector. The boards both say "RASTEROPS CORP MADE IN U.S.A."

The main board says "(C) 1987" and the daughterboard says "(C) 1988"

The back of the main card says "P.C.B. 0001-0013 REV. XB1"
The back of the daughter card says "P.C.B. 0001-0019 REV. 01"

There are no visible FCC IDs anywhere on the card but may be buried under the circuitry. I have not disassembled the card.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

Never seen it before in my life (or on the web). This is not that surprising considering anything made in the 1980's is not well documented at all.

Ship it over to Youngstown and I will pop it in a Mac and see what it is :)

What are you planning on doing with it?

Never seen it before in my life (or on the web). This is not that surprising considering anything made in the 1980's is not well documented at all.

Ship it over to Youngstown and I will pop it in a Mac and see what it is :)

What are you planning on doing with it?

Unknown_K,

Thanks for the reply. I recently purchased a vintage computer bundle with many S-100 cards in it which included some unusual pieces like this board.

My plans for the card are to find out what it is, determine its value, and trade it for something more useful. At the moment, I would trade it for an S-100 CPU board of similar condition.

Anyone interested? Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

After long last, I have finally identified what RasterOps video card this is. I have confirmed it is a RasterOps ColorBoard 104 with the 24 bit daughtercard expansion kit.

I was looking over the card last night and noticed a small sticker I had missed before with the term "MDL. 104". When I searched on Google there is no doubt it is this card.

Back in the day, the RasterOps ColorBoard 104 was quite the top end expensive video card. Now, it's not much more than a curiousity. Due to its age and uniqueness, it is definitely vintage Mac material.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

Last edited:
After long last, I have finally identified what RasterOps video card this is. I have confirmed it is a RasterOps ColorBoard 104 with the 24 bit daughtercard expansion kit.

I was looking over the card last night and noticed a small sticker I had missed before with the term "MDL. 104". When I searched on Google there is no doubt it is this card.

Back in the day, the RasterOps ColorBoard 104 was quite the top end expensive video card. Now, it's not much more than a curiousity. Due to its age and uniqueness, it is definitely vintage Mac material.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

1024x768 60hz only at 8 bit color (your upgrade does 24bit). Unaccelerated, works on the Mac II, IIx, IIcx only.

Back