• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help identifying a board

maelstrm

Experienced Member
This board was in a 5150 case. Any ideas what it is? All I know is that it's a 286 board. No idea what brand. It will POST but I can't get past an error about "Floppy A not found", even with a floppy controller + drive connected. I think it might be expecting an XT keyboard instead of AT. I have an XT keyboard to try, just worried about connecting it to this board without knowing more. I don't want to fry my Type F IBM keyboard.

Torrance, California is home to Epson. So maybe it's from Epson?

That’s pretty cool. I didn’t know there were 286 upgrade motherboards for 5150, though I guess I should have assumed there would have been.

I wonder if there were ever anything even newer.

That’s pretty cool. I didn’t know there were 286 upgrade motherboards for 5150, though I guess I should have assumed there would have been.

I wonder if there were ever anything even newer.
It's just an AT board someone stuck in a case. But yeah it fits fine, the mounting screws line up with the standoffs and the ISA slots align with the case slot openings.

It’s a 5 slot PC board, right? AT uses the XT slot spacing.

Based on what modem7 posted, maybe it’s this one:

It’s a 5 slot PC board, right? AT uses the XT slot spacing.

Based on what modem7 posted, maybe it’s this one:

Looks like the right board, just a different version. The one I have is 018. Thank you! And that's a great site you shared.

At [here] is shown the Wave Mate BULLET-286, an upgrade for the XT. I expect that the power supply would need to be upgraded as well. And perhaps the keyboard.

Back