• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help! PCPI APPLICARD missing chip!

If I knew what the chip was, I might have one. Most of my inventory dates to around the same time that card was made or earlier.

I even have MOS chips, some early Intel, HP, etc.

Hi,
I may have a the card also. But where IT will take a while before I come across it. But when I do I will let you know.

Take Care

Sorry, the card I was thinking of turns out to be an Abacus Know Drive (whatever the hell THAT is. Anyone know?) and not the card you have. They have a similar shape though :)

Hi,

I just bought one of these card from ebay (Australia). It arrived today so I have it right in front of me. The chip you are after is 74LS393N. The only other markings on the chip are SR and V8343 which I assume are to do with the manufacturer. I have a version 3 of the appli-card which looks that same as yours. ie marked PCPI 001-0001-03 on the back.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just had another look at the chip and the manufacturer markings could be "SA" and not "SR" as in my previous post.

cheers.

Hi,

I just bought one of these card from ebay (Australia). It arrived today so I have it right in front of me. The chip you are after is 74LS393N. The only other markings on the chip are SR and V8343 which I assume are to do with the manufacturer. I have a version 3 of the appli-card which looks that same as yours. ie marked PCPI 001-0001-03 on the back.

Cheers.

Thats a Signetics chip.

I don't think the manufacturer really matters unless you're going to frame it and look at it. Any old LS393 will work in it (if the card is functional at all).

Just an FYI. The V8343 is a date code, the IC was manufactured week 43 in 1983.

Mike

I do not know what the chip is, but here's the information imprinted on the chip located at U26:

Malaysia 332A
SN74LS393N

The Texas Instruments logo preceeds the SN number on the second line.

Hope that helps.

Ken

Back