• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help with cable routing for an A2000 with a genlock card?

wowbobwow

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I've got an Amiga 2000 with a 1084 monitor, which is usually plugged into the 23-pin RGB port on the back of the Amiga. However, I recently uncovered an old Amiga A2300 Genlock card and got that installed into the video port inside the A2000. It looks very cool! I also recently bought a nice old JVC VHS-C camcorder with composite video out, and it also works and looks great when connected directly into the 1084 monitor.

Here's my problem: I have no idea how to hook everything up! I've been searching online and I can't seem to find the user manual for the genlock card, only the diagnostic and service manuals.

The card has its own 23 pin monitor connector, along with two unlabeled RCA jacks and a 3-position switch. Am I supposed to connect the monitor directly to the card? Which RCA jack should I connect the camera to?

Thanks in advance for any guidance here, I feel like I'm super close to making this all work, but my trial-and-error strategy isn't getting me very far :)

Update: I got it working! I noticed that when I was trying to use the camera and monitor through the genlock card, the power LED on the Amiga was flashing. I carefully removed the genlock and cleaned its contacts (they weren't filthy, but there was some corrosion) and reseated everything, and suddenly it all came to life! I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but it's so cool to see live video playing 'behind' my Amiga desktop!

With the above in mind, I would still be very grateful if anyone could link me to the user manual for the genlock card - I've seen pics so it must exist somewhere, but I just haven't been able to find a copy online...

Huxley

IMG_3301.jpeg

Back