• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help with Teledisk?

josephdaniel

Experienced Member
I wasn't sure weather I should post this under the CP/M section or the IBM PC section but because I am trying to do this on a IBM I figured I would put this here for now...

Does anyone know how I can make a boot disk for my Kaypro ii with a ROM version 81-146? I have a IBM PC right now that is only configured with 256K (I miss having 640K soo much. So many programs don't work!) that I was trying to use with teledisk to make a Kaypro boot-disk. It seemed that every single version of teledisk that I could find complained that there was not enough memory in DOS for it to operate and it wanted me to close the program and go somewhere else... The only version that I was able to get to work with out it yacking at me because of memory constraints was something like version 1.05 (I can't remember exactly) and when I used that version it claimed that my TD0 archive file was too advanced or something like that! I REALLY need to get this machine running ASAP!

What version of DOS are you using? You might try running it under DOS 2.0 or 2.1 to free up more RAM. At a glance it looks like Teledisk might run with ~256k but it would be borderline. (2.15 starts with 209k free)

Although, how are you getting Teledisk over to it in the first place?

I am actually using PC-DOS 2.1 on my system alltgough I plan to upgrade to DOS 5 soon.
I am getting the files over to the 5160 via FTP using MTCP (great software package!) using my LAN.
I just realized that I should have deleted things like my packet driver and what not to clear RAM...
When I have some time I will see if I can sacrifice a card and get back to having a full 640k

I got my comp re-upgraded to 640K but now when I run teledisk right after I select a file the screen comes up with a small dialogue that reads
"Unable to locate file CPM.TD0."
Is there a missing file or something?

Back