• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Here's a new one. Digitech 520 CP/M-68K software needed

leaknoil

Experienced Member
I know this is a long shot but, maybe someone here has one. It a Digitech 520 Network Analyzer. A 68000 based portable test box thats really just a CP/M-68K luggable.

Mine works and I can boot cp/m off the hd but, there's nothing there but, cp/m.sys and the protocol testing application. No cp/m utilities at all.

They had all the standard cp/m stuff for these including programming languages. 3.5" disk. I found lots of 5.25" cp/m-68k disk images out there but, no 3.5" ones.

Thanks for the ID--I've got a couple Digitech 500-series floppies in my archives and always wondered what the machine did.

I'll check my files and see if I've got a boot disk for you--my samples are all 3.5".

You never cease to amaze me. Let me know what you find.

Its a pretty cool box. Well as a cp/m-68k box anyway. Its network testing days have long since passed. It actually has two 68k boards in it. One probably handled the testing stuff and the other just ran cp/m I'd guess.

Here's what they look like
9609_digitech_520_01.png

Okay, here's an IMD for the CP/M system floppy--it's a 720K. If it works on your system, then I can send along the utilities floppy.

Attachments

• DIGI500S.ZIP
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
Okay, here's an IMD for the CP/M system floppy--it's a 720K. If it works on your system, then I can send along the utilities floppy.

Thanks for making the disk. I do appreciate it. I think it may be a lost cause. The floppy drive has always given errors on startup but, I thought maybe it was a disk issue. I played with some of the built in utilities and it 'used' to let me format disks. Now I can't even do that. Some scratched up knuckles later I was able to try a few different floppy drives and it didn't like any of them. No errors just, cannot boot from drive A.

I would keep at it but, it has become clear to me, without even opening up the keyboard, I am dealing with one of those foam pad abominations. Thats pretty much it for this project. I've lost the enter key and that was kind of important. The other couple of keys that stopped working I could have got around. The only thing I hate more in life than foam pad keyboards is .22uF power supply capacitors.

Back