• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"Hide-16" All in one/keyboard computer (interesting)

barythrin

Veteran Member
Has anyone heard of this thing before? Hide-16 286 computer. It's interesting, sorta generic but I've never really seen or heard of this company unless it's the product and not the company. Sort of like a Tandy but in an IBM looking keyboard shell. Only has 1 ISA slot and I don't know why someone removed the floppy (they don't have a picture showing it well but I assume there's a slot on the front of the case).

Just curious. If it was cheaper I'd be interested just for shiggles but in reality it's just going to be a restrictive system lol.

There were swarms of small companies advertising such in the back pages of trade magazines with the only change being the label. Besides the limited expansion and limited starting features, the keyboards themselves were among the worst keyboards on the market at the time. Components failures were common as the main board wasn't designed to handle all the forces that happen as a person types and moves the keyboard.

It's very close to that Earthstation but no depression in the design. So.. it sold :) Anyone here by chance? What would be sorta cool would be an RF or RCA option on it then you'd have a pretty nice portable desktop. ...although I suppose a laptop is pretty much the same lol.

Back