• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hit the motherload on Tandy TRS-80 Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, if people are gonna complain about how I sell, Then ill put it on eBay and then you guys can pay eBay prices.. I wont offer it here or at any other sites any longer. Im not a reseller
Suit yourself.

But I don't get it; why the big deal about not being a reseller? You buy stuff, you sell stuff, most folks are happy with their deals; nothing wrong with that, so why all the fuss and BS? Just say the "buddy" that you were going to "give this stuff to" changed his mind or his wife wouldn't let him keep it so you decided to sell it instead and there'd have been no problem.

Nobody's complaining about "how you sell", it's the BS that's bothering some people; you'd think with the practice you've had you'd be better at it by now...

Oh my goodness, some people just CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES of complaining about anything a particular user does.

Now, I'm not trying to create argument out of that, but seriously, what is up with this.

Who exactly is "complaining about anything a particular user does? Are you reading the same posts that I am?

If you're referring to my last post, note the "nobody's complaining" and "some people are bothered by" in case Steve really doesn't get that his selling stuff or the prices, etc. are not the issue as he keeps insisting.

And some people (not me) have long memories and friends whom he's ripped off in the past; see his other thread.

Am I complaining?

My $0.02, then I'm out...

I've messaged Steve privately telling him to just ignore some ppl who seem to be complaining about his pricing. He's selling well below the ebay averages, and unlike ebay, he's testing everything out. More power to him if he makes a buck in the process - he deserves to.

Publicly... I haven't ordered from him for 2 reasons: (1) I don't really like Apple stuff. (2) While I'm all for giving 2nd chances, his admitted past and inconsistencies in the extra info included within his posts, which I've also noted here, worry me.

Not because I actually care that he's a vintage computer reseller (price is immaterial here), but as MikeS has said, because of the inconsistencies. Find a $100 haul of Tandy stuff and make a grand off of it? MORE POWER TO YA! :) With the amount of stuff you got in the haul, making a grand on it will still be giving people good product at below ebay value - a win/win all around, as far as I'm concerned. And in this economy, any extra buck you can make is a plus - so long as its an honest buck (that's not a shot at you or anyone, btw - just my honest feelings on today's economy, as I've seen first-hand way too many ppl dip to the wrong side of morality and also the wrong side of the law in order to turn a buck)

Steve... taking you at face value for what you've put in this site (my only experience with you).. you seem like a nice guy. However, be up front about your intentions, dude... Even if I were into Apple gear, I wouldn't have purchased from you because of the risk factor in the contradicting extra info in your posts. Inconsistencies worry me, and as I don't know you personally, I will zero in on things to get a picture of the person as a whole. Right now, you're 60/40 in my eyes about whether I'd be screwed, given what I've seen here, including admissions of your past, and including seeing and playing with the Mac512k that Chromedome45 bought off of you. 40% off is a bit much, in my book... in this economy, I also can't afford to just eat a buck, either.

Again, this isn't about bashing you (it is not my intent to do that, nor do I agree with the fact that others here have done so), but you're changing your words and blanking out your posts, you're inconsistent in your extra info in your posts, and your admitted-to past.. it just doesn't paint a good picture, dude.

You do seem like a nice guy - you are offering product at relatively fair prices, and you're doing a lot of work to do this (proper testing and proper packing take time, let alone to/from drive time, item storage, and back-work).

Be more up front about your motives. It's ok to say you want to make a buck and are a habitual reseller - remember, we like resellers who sell things at a fair price! Get rid of the extra info that's not essential to your posts - there's no need for it, and it'll help to close the cloud of doubt about you. Do these things, and I think you'll find that ppl that're like me, who would be willing to give you a 2nd chance but on the fence about you because of what's been outlined above - might be more apt to order from you.

Take care, dude..

P.S. - For the record... nice hauls... do know that I'm pretty sure that we're all a bit envious of your two big finds ;)

Mav said it right!
It's just that this thread has already been flamed up and people keep coming and bashing his every post.

Mike, I should rephrase that and say not complaining (there has been some), but fueling the thread flaming fire.

I've bought stuff from him in the past and haven't had a problem, so I have nothing to complain about.

Mav said it right!
It's just that this thread has already been flamed up and people keep coming and bashing his every post.

Mike, I should rephrase that and say not complaining (there has been some), but fueling the thread flaming fire.

I've bought stuff from him in the past and haven't had a problem, so I have nothing to complain about.
I think most of us have been saying the same thing to him all along; nice to see all this stuff being made available, prices aren't bad for the most part (although some folks might disagree), just stop with the BS and be up front, especially in view of your history of ripping people off.

Too bad he (and some other folks like you for example) can only see it as flaming, attacking, etc. etc.

I think most of us have been saying the same thing to him all along; nice to see all this stuff being made available, prices aren't bad for the most part (although some folks might disagree), just stop with the BS and be up front, especially in view of your history of ripping people off.

Too bad he (and some other folks like you for example) can only see it as flaming, attacking, etc. etc.
I agree, I was skeptical about the scammer thing, but I bought an item and everything went smooth.

I see where you are coming from by telling me that I think it's all flaming. Why? Because it is. I've lost track of how many threads have turned into stuff like this. Every thread that Steve starts turns into bringing up his past and what confusion each threads brings by comparing it to the Leaving The Hobby thread. And less than a majority of the thread is devoted to what is was intended for.

Prices are good, items are good, availability of items is good, but the scamming is bad. It's buyer beware in all transactions, and if I were ripped off, I'd be attacking too. But I have had no such experience, so I'm not complaining.

I also agree on telling the truth up front. It does add confusion to a thread if it's edited multiple times to display different things, which (in cases so far), has created this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back