• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

HP 98228A ROM cartridge for HP 9825T

cruff

Experienced Member
I'm looking for an HP 98228A ROM cartridge (or the binary code from one) used to access 9895A disks from a 9825T computer.

The museum just lists one as part of the hardware collection. I have not found images of any 9825 ROM cartridges anywhere.

It is worth asking Jon and Ansgar. I have only had one 9825, from memory it uses the same 16 bit processor as the 9845, so the disc ROMs for that might be of use?

The operating systems are quite different (hpl on the 9825, a multiprocessor BASIC on the 9845). At this stage, I almost expect it would be more fruitful to reverse engineer the 98217A ROM for the older 9885A disk and use the 9895A protocol documentation to write new software (while referring to the 9825A patent) to place onto a home built ROM cartridge emulator. I've even asked a couple of companies that claimed to have some in stock about acquiring one but received no responses.

Back