• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

HP Small PC 20 - Celeron 300A, 128mb

cmc

Experienced Member
Hi VCFers,

It's finally time for me to part with my trusty HP Small PC 20. It has served me well since about 2004. I bought it to use as an inexpensive computer at the time (it was five years old then). After 2-3 years I had better work and upgraded, and this machine ended up among my computer parts for 8-10 years. Then around 2015 I pulled it out as a vintage gaming PC. Around 2018 I moved to a mid-tower, and it ended up back among the parts. Now the old box deserves a new owner who will enjoy it.

This little machine makes a fantastic 90s gaming PC. It is a product of its time but was also ahead in some ways:

- small: dimensions are 12.5 x 12 x 3.5 inches
- almost silent: only fan is the PSU and it is very quiet
- already has sound, USB, and RJ45 network built into the board
- 128mb ram
- celeron 300A CPU
- has two PCI slots, one shared with ISA
- room in the case for one hard drive, but the chipset actually supports more if you want to use the appropriate cables, do some modding, etc.

I made one case mod which you can see in the pictures. I cut the metal above the CPU out to allow for larger CPUs to fit. During its time as a gaming PC I had a PII 400mhz installed (frequency settings are on motherboard), though I have heard it can go a bit higher than official settings.

Technically you can put two PCI cards in, but I always had a Voodoo 3 in there which tend to run hot, so I never put two cards in at the same time.

It does have integrated graphics, which actually do OK for 2D work... I always thought this computer would be a great use for a Voodoo 2 card. Use the integrated graphics for 2D and then pass through the Voodoo 2 for 3D.

I have Win9x drivers I will share via email.

Manual is here:
https://www.manualslib.com/products/Hp-Net-Pc-20-4248530.html

I can't bring myself to drop off this old box at the thrift store, so hopefully someone out there will make good use of it!

$100 shipped to lower 48 USA. This forum gets dibs before I post to eBay.

Attachments

• hpnetpc1.jpg
    hpnetpc1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • hpnetpc3.jpg
    hpnetpc3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1
  • hpnetpc4.jpg
    hpnetpc4.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back