• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HxC adapter and TRSDOSII

Hans01

Experienced Member
I sometimes use the HxC SD adapter to setup a VHD.
I have a Model II with a VHD and I want to read a disk with TRSDOSII software on it from an image on the HxC, I can see that the disk is found and opened, but there are never files found on the disk.
Using TRSDOS2.0 there are no problems. If I have TRSDOSII running and try to read a TRSDOS2.0 with the FCOPY command, all the files on the disk are found.
I have put this problem on the HxC forum with an example, but Jeff told me there is nothing wrong.
I have a modified GOTEK with runs error free on the Model II, but has the same problem with the TRSDOSII disks.
Who knows this problem or has a solution.
I use the latest firmware on the HxC adapter and has the latest driver for the HxC emulator.

Hi Hans,

I use TRSDOS-II frequently with my HxC without issue.

I will ask a few questions. I'm sure you are aware of most of these, but just to be complete for everyone else. :)

Have you tried "DIR {SYS}"?
Do you have the extra 16K from HD interface board or 68000 memory board? TRSDOS-II requires the extra 16K, although you should not be able to boot without it.
Are you sure you did not leave the 2 sided jumper connected with a single-sided image? :) Again, it won't boot if this is the case.
Did you use a fresh single-sided image from the repo?
Are you using the correct Hz, 50 vs 60hz settings?

Here's a link to an 4.2.6 HFE that works on my HxC : http://net.pski.retro.s3.amazonaws.com/SharedFiles/Software/MII/Tandy/TRSDOS/TDOS426_IMD.hfe

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Pete.

I have all items you mention. I could run TRSDOSII from the F48, with two extra VHD's as drive :5 and :6.
I can run TRSDOSII from a disk in drive :0 and from an IMD file on the HxC.
The problem was in the way the drive configuration is examinated during harddisk boot. That was the problem, as you mention in your answer, I know
the problem but forgot to check it, as other DOS'ses don't worry.
If you have the 2 side jumper on the FD34TO50 adapter, the disks on the HxC looks like empty.
If you remove the jumper and reboot, you can read the disks (If they are single sided).
A second problem was that most of the TRSDOSII IMD disks don't have programs on it, so a simple DIR doesn't show anything.
To see the system files in that case you need the 'DIR SYS' cmd, as you mention.

I have used the 50 Hz. patch, but don't see any difference.

Back