• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I bought another Amiga 500

linuxlove

Veteran Member
Alright, so the last Amiga 500 didn't work out so well. It seemed to work fine, but it was only the system and the power brick and I could never get a Workbench disk. However, I've picked up another Amiga 500 with a little bit more than just that... This new one came with:

A 1084S monitor + cable
All the manuals
Mouse
Workbench 1.3!
Something called an Advanced Amiga Analyzer by Wilcom Australia
A SupraDrive 500XP that seems to be broken (sends the system in a reboot loop when plugged in)

All of this? $10. Everything is pretty yellowed so I guess I get to try Retr0Brite in the future. Pictures will come soon-ish; I bought a bunch of other stuff that I'm going to go play with now.

Edit: I forgot, there was a 1541 included in the package... not sure what that was doing there since it's a C64 item, but meh.

Here's a couple pictures of the monitor and system. It turns out the SupraDrive works just fine; the card edge connector just wasn't making good contact. It boots to Workbench 2.1.

For $10, that's the score of the year, I'd say. With a working hard drive and upgraded to Workbench 2.1, and about 3 MB of memory (assuming the onboard memory was expanded to 1 MB with an Amiga 501 card or similar), that was an enviable A500 setup.

Yes, that's pretty damn good for $10. The Supradrive alone is worth at least $50. The 1084S is probably worth another $50. If you've got a way to transfer the best Amiga software to that, you'll have a pretty good setup.

Back