• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

I need one used IBM 720kb DS DD Floppy Disk

motley2659

I just need one disk to test the floppy drive on my vintage laptop. The disk can be any old used disk as long as it has some kind of data on it, and it isn't corrupted so I can test the read/write functions the floppy drive. You can toss it into a standard envelope with a couple of sheets of paper for backing and stamp. How about $1.50? :p

*edited to add that I need a 3.5 inch disk

Last edited:
For testing purposes, you could probably just use an HD disk and cover the density hole with tape and format it. I wouldn't trust it to any data long-term, but should work to test with. Assuming you can find a good 1.44Mb HD disk! Seems like most of those I have are crap...

Wesley

I'm in Houston. I think the price of shipping would just be the price of a stamp if it's in a standard envelope.

For testing purposes, you could probably just use an HD disk and cover the density hole with tape and format it. I wouldn't trust it to any data long-term, but should work to test with. Assuming you can find a good 1.44Mb HD disk! Seems like most of those I have are crap...

Wesley
I used the tape trick when I was a teen, I had a amstrad laptop with no hard disk and two 720k disk drives and I never had a problem with the disks, but a lot of more modern 1.44mb disks are rubbish.
but a disk box will help a lot to keep the dust out the disks and drive

Back