• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Other US Areas I really want this particular CX-series Chieftec full tower case... please sell me one, thanks

Covers the non-continental US, including Alaska, Haiwaii, Puerto Rico and other territories.

computerdude92

Veteran Member
Hello,

I recently bought a black 2004 Systemax/Chieftec full tower PC case, model CX-01B-B-B-U on Ebay.

I ordered it on Friday and the seller has not even shipped yet. One buyer left positive feedback for the same purchased case within 6 months ago, so I thought I made the right choice by buying one too. The seller's Ebay account dates 1999, I hope the guy didn't die or is sick in the hospital or something... He did not respond to the message I sent weeks before, when I asked about lowering shipping costs.

In case things do not work out, do any of you have a copy of this PC case to sell to me please? I will buy it in any color and any cosmetic condition.

This is the case I'm referring to:

Thank you kindly for any replies.

P.S. I live in Wasilla, Alaska. ZIP code 99654.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 17
  • s-l1600b.jpg
    s-l1600b.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I just had an ebay seller take 10 days to ship. Give it some time. He may have also shipped and not sent the tracking.

How much longer should I wait? Ebay has a time limit and if I wait too long I won't get my money back with the buyer protection program. I'd hate to have to report him to Ebay.

I would message the seller again. It’s normal, albeit annoying, when folks take a week to ship. You have at least a month past the estimated delivery time to ask eBay for a refund, so you don’t have to worry yet.

- Alex

Hello,

I recently bought a black 2004 Systemax/Chieftec full tower PC case, model CX-01B-B-B-U on Ebay.

I ordered it on Friday and the seller has not even shipped yet. One buyer left positive feedback for the same purchased case within 6 months ago, so I thought I made the right choice by buying one too. The seller's Ebay account dates 1999, I hope the guy didn't die or is sick in the hospital or something... He did not respond to the message I sent weeks before, when I asked about lowering shipping costs.

In case things do not work out, do any of you have a copy of this PC case to sell to me please? I will buy it in any color and any cosmetic condition.

This is the case I'm referring to:

Thank you kindly for any replies.

P.S. I live in Wasilla, Alaska. ZIP code 99654.
Have you tried sending multiple emails to the seller? Most people are lazy as shit and F#$king useless.
Also how long is the shipping time he set? Some people dont bother to look but he may have set it long since its a big item.

Last edited:
How much longer should I wait? Ebay has a time limit and if I wait too long I won't get my money back with the buyer protection program. I'd hate to have to report him to Ebay.
So you bought it on Friday, which is now 7 days ago. People most likely do not ship stuff over the weekend, yet you already talk about claiming your money back. Ever heard of patience? And this is a PC case, not something you just put in an envelope.

Also, whenever I buy something I really wanted for years, I would give the seller *weeks* before even asking what's going on. Because if you piss the seller off, you can search again for the item over the next years.

Finally, you can open a claim even months after a transaction. There really is no need to hurry.

I've been on Ebay for 11 years. In my observation, most sellers ship within 2 to 3 days after a sale. So I think it's not normal to have to wait so long with no updates and the seller never responds to messages. The account appears abandoned. I'm sorry, but it's no excuse for him/her to be so irresponsible.

It says in the listing that boxes for shipping the PC cases are provided, and the seller usually ships within 3 business days.

Today I checked on my item, and Ebay says:

"The estimated delivery date for this item is Oct 30. If you haven't received your item by then, go back to the item you purchased and open a request"

Last edited:
Good news,

The seller just contacted me today saying he has been busy starting a bible kids schooling program and all of his undivided attention went into it. He gave me a sincere apology and promptly shipped out the case.

I let him know I'm sorry for not having much patience with the delays.

Finally, you can open a claim even months after a transaction. There really is no need to hurry.

Not my experience. I won an item from the UK once and the seller insisted I give the parcel time - I waited two and a half months - well past Ebay's AND the payment system's dispute windows. One hundred dollars and nineteen cents gone...

I'm happy OP had a satisfactory resolution, but on the other hand, yeah, it's best to give the average Ebay seller a week or so before the first "How are things coming along?" if they don't reach out first.

The ebay limit is 30 days, and paypal is 180 days. I don't think it's necessary to do anything before a couple weeks.

I know a lot of people aren't fond of paypal, but it does add another layer of protection for buyers. I filed a claim at around 5 months for a company that didn't ship and stopped responding to my emails. (The items were backordered "two weeks", then "two months"). I got my money back.

The ebay limit is 30 days, and paypal is 180 days. I don't think it's necessary to do anything before a couple weeks.

I know a lot of people aren't fond of paypal, but it does add another layer of protection for buyers. I filed a claim at around 5 months for a company that didn't ship and stopped responding to my emails. (The items were backordered "two weeks", then "two months"). I got my money back.
Same thing happened to me with Searspartsdirect website. When sears closed down I didnt know they sold the website to some company in china. They took my money and left an item on backorder for many months. I had to file a claim to get it back. But I did.

Back