I want your input in something

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

I know we've been down this road before, you'll just have to trust me that it won't end up in the same place.

When my server goes back online. (Needs new PSU and UPS because our power company has more ups and downs than the stock market) I am going to do a trial run of letting people have some webspace on the webserver. So some people could have a personal website that doesint cost anything or have any ads. I hate ads, if you ever see them on my site, thats not me doing that. The poll is yes or no only so would anyone here be intrested in testing the webspace renting system? (Its free) It would have FTP access only though. Anti-virus and Backups and all of that good stuff.

Sorry, this offer is only open to Senior Members only.....

EDIT
Ok by request, I MIGHT make a few exceptions......

-Vlad

P.S.

Sorry I havent been around much lately, I've been busy.....

Last edited:
Ok with one vote for both yes and no as of this post, how about saying why you do or don't want to? Thats what this is about, I'm looking for feedback!

-V

I know, I was thinking some other members who either don't know how to get a website going, or couldn't afford a provider, server of their own. Thats all. I thought I would be nice and ask here first. When the poll closes in 6 days, and the answer is no, or no one else votes, the other GreenNet members will help me test it. I just wanted to offer it here first, thats all.....

-V

I could use it as a testbed to see how much traffic my server would get once it gets online. Heck, if you would have it indefinitely, I would link the two together so my tiny hdd would be spared the room for files and it could concentrate on other things. Any files that would be uploaded would be small ones so it probably wouldn't need much space anyway. So I'm game.

Once I get a nice PSU, I'm going to set up a RAID array, if the test goes well, then yeah, it'll stay online. As far as I can tell, my Service Provider has given me a static IP for free. (Usually $8 extra a month)

-V

Erik said:
I've got plenty of webspace and not enough time!
1/2 AOL. I also got plenty of webspace, I have the time to do something but I'm too lazy. Actually, last week I begun adapting my own navigation system to set up a personal page, but it is not finished yet. After all, it is only a bit more than one year ago since I took down my old homepage.

Back