• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM 0.5 to 3MB Memory Expansion Adapter (MEA) Documentation

jafir

Veteran Member
On one of my trips to Computer Reset I found the Hardware Maintenance and Service documentation for this card. It includes a diagnostic floppy as well. It appears this info is for the first version of the card that supports up to 3M using 256K SIMMs.

I've scanned the documents and imaged the floppy and they have now been archived by the curator over at:

http://minuszerodegrees.net/5170/cards/5170_cards.htm#mea

Those scans are great looking. Can I ask what equipment you are using to scan manuals? I have been using a overhead CZUR scanner (ET16 Plus) for scanning, but unfortunately mine has met it's untimely end just recently. I'm now in the market for a good overhead document scanner specifically to scan vintage manuals. I'm just wondering what others are using today.

I wish I had an overhead or book scanner. I've got quite a few things that would be easier to scan that way, at least without being destructive.

Currently I'm using a Xerox DocuMate 510 (which I think is a rebranded visiontek pioneer or something like that) that I picked up at Goodwill. It's got a document feeder, which is nice for 3-ring binder type manuals, but it doesn't duplex so I have to do that in software. I use NAPS2 with TWAIN drivers, because Xerox (or maybe Pioneer) doesn't let you download ALL of the original software because of licensing and I think I had some issues with current versions of windows anyway.

Back