• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5182 Color Printer Ribbon

andy

Experienced Member
Does anyone know where I can find a color ribbon for an IBM 8182 "Personal Computer Color Printer" part number 1501574?

Alternately, if anyone has a color ribbon that's 3/4" wide (19mm) I could use it to refill a black cartridge. If anyone has a color dot matrix printer of any type, I would appreciate it if you could measure the width of the ribbon and let me know if it's the width I'm looking for. Just knowing which models have the right size ribbon would be very helpful. So far, everything I've looked at is too wide.

I have a NIB inmac Good Impressions Product No. 6463 color ribbon that I believe was designated for an IBM Proprinter. It's ¾" wide and still sealed.

I also have several black ribbons No. 6451 from the same company.

I have a NIB inmac Good Impressions Product No. 6463 color ribbon that I believe was designated for an IBM Proprinter. It's ¾" wide and still sealed.

I also have several black ribbons No. 6451 from the same company.

I'll give the color ribbon a try if you want to sell it.

I see from page 49 (PDF page 53) of the document at [here], that the IBM 5182 has two types of ribbon: primary and process.

Yes, I've never seen it before, but the primary ribbon has red, green, blue, and black. It would provide faster printing since common primary colors only required a single pass, but you were limited to 4 colors. The printer driver lets you choose the type of color ribbon. I would assume most people used the cyan, magenta, yellow, and black ribbons.

The color pattern is yellow, red, blue, black.

Technically it's yellow, magenta, cyan, and black, but that's the type of ribbon I need. All of the color ribbons I've looked at, or own are at least 1" wide. Does the one you have mention which model it fits?

Back