• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM driver for proprinter

Maybe someone has some old Microsoft word diskettes that they can get the file from in a legal matter. I do not need the whole diskette, just the file.

It's a .pr$ file not a .prd. That's the problem I was having installing that free Word 5.5 download from Microsoft. It gave all the printer files in .pr$ format. When I try installing the printer on Word, it cannot use that file. Is there a special way of converting pr$ into prd?

It's a .pr$ file not a .prd. That's the problem I was having installing that free Word 5.5 download from Microsoft. It gave all the printer files in .pr$ format. When I try installing the printer on Word, it cannot use that file. Is there a special way of converting pr$ into prd?

You have to get the EXPAND command. It should be on one of the installation disks. If you can't find it, there should be one on the DOS installation disks (version 5 and 6.x). When you got the expand program in your path, type
Code:
EXPAND ibmproxl.pr$ ibmproxl.prd

This is very odd. I used the expand command off of windows 2000, it expanded it into the prd form, copied it to a floppy, put it into the IBM AT and when I tried choosing that file to setup the printer in Word 5.5, it tells me that file is not a word printer file. PRD is a word printer file so I have no clue why it's doing that.

This is very odd. I used the expand command off of windows 2000, it expanded it into the prd form, copied it to a floppy, put it into the IBM AT and when I tried choosing that file to setup the printer in Word 5.5, it tells me that file is not a word printer file. PRD is a word printer file so I have no clue why it's doing that.

The version of EXPAND following Windows is another version and will not work with files based on the DOS version. Try to get a copy of DOS version 5 or 6 (installation disks).

I got it. I have nearly 650 5.25 floppies and I finally found a WORKING diskette with dos 6 on it. Word found it perfectly. Now I have all these discs that I can use as table coasters.

Back