• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic IBM PC-XT (Model 5160) w/ Samsung 12" Amber Monitor

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

herbray

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
IBM PC-XT (Model 5160) with Samsung MA2575 12" Amber Monitor

640 kB RAM, with 512 kB Expanded Memory

This machine is loaded.

• 256 kB Motherboard with 8087 Math Coprocessor
  • IBM 60X5867 Expanded Memory Board /w Daughter Board 512kB XMA plus Parallel Port
  • Hercules GB102 Monochrome Graphics (010-0100 REV A) w/ Parallel Port
  • Quadram Quadboard (384 kB RAM, System Clock, Parallel & Serial Ports)
  • PLUS Hardcard 20-MB (FAB NO. 800-08-0084 REV C) 60K4
  • IBM Floppy Controller Card
  • Western Digital WDXT-GEN2 X1 Hard Drive Controller
  • IBM Asynch Card 1501485XM

Lots of documentation for the peripherals.

Does anyone want this computer?

Correction: The IBM 60X5867 Expanded Memory Board has 2 MB of memory, not 512 kB.

I'm located in Manhattan.

I just tried to fire it up for the first time in something like thirty years. It has a problem: it's throwing a 1701 error. A 1701 error is related to the hard drive. I have no idea if it's the drive or the controller.

Of course, with a 1701 error, it won't boot up. It does boot from the floppy drive, and I have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with the remainder of the components.

So, you'll have to mess with the hard drive and/or the hard drive controller card.

I still am interested in getting it out of here, as I want to clear the decks.

Back