• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM Proprinter II top cover

afaiello

Experienced Member
I'm looking for the top clear plastic paper guide for my IBM Proprinter II Dot Matrix. If anyone has one or knows where to get one, please advise.

Well the printer model is 4201-002 and the part number I need is 87X9642. I see them on google for sale off websites but the cheapest is $40 USD plus shipping and that's rediculous.

IIRC the IBM Proprinters were a bit like Lego. Everything could be fitted from one Proprinter to another with ease. I refurbished dozens of them in the mid to late 90s, just about every relative with a PC got one when they were decommissioned at the office. By parting out one Proprinter I was able to fix 3 - 4 others. I made people promise not to bring them back when I gave them away :)

So there's a good chance that 'any' Proprinter lid will fit on yours.

Back