• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PS/1 Consultant 2155 + XT-IDE BIOS via option ROM board

m1k3e

Hi all! I recently inherited my grandfather's IBM PS/1 Consultant 2155-G52 after he passed away. Had to replace the power supply, but after that all is working well. I wanted to add a CF card as a second drive, so I bought a CF-to-IDE adapter but haven't had much luck getting the CF card properly recognized in DOS (only recognizes ~500 MB on a 1 GB card). I had a similar problem on another 486-class machine which I got around using the XT-IDE BIOS on a Lo-tech ROM board. I built and tested another Lo-tech ROM board (with the latest XT-IDE BIOS image) but I can't get the PS/1 to show the boot screen. I know the ROM card works, since I was able to test it with my other 486 machine. On the PS/1, I can read the config from the XTIDECFG utility and flash the BIOS image with Lo-tech's FLASH.EXE but I just can't get the boot screen to show up. It appears that the ROM contents is being loaded into RAM (checked with WinCheckIt), but no boot screen. Am I missing something here? As always thanks for the advice!

Mike

Ah jeez, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Should be in the Later PCs forum. My apologies :(

Back