• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PS/2 MCA network board (IBM 00G3368 bus master network adapter)

rvdbijl

Experienced Member
Hi Everyone!

I had a friend donate an old PS/2 Model 80, which had some MCA network boards in it (a 3270 emulator and Token Ring board). I would like to hook it up to my "vintage computer network", but needed an Ethernet board. Without doing a ton of research, I found an IBM 00G3368 bus master MCA board on eBay. Took a little while to find the ADF file for it, but once I found that, it was recognized by the BIOS. Now I'm looking for drivers (NDIS or ODI for the MS Dos client, or even Win 3.11 or Win 95). I haven't been able to find anything for this board at all.

Oddly enough, the components and board layout look very similar (Just some IC's have a different version, but are the same part number. Board layout is identical.) to the 3COM 3C527, for which I have found drivers. They don't like this board though... I suspect that <maybe> swapping ROMs on this board for the 3C527 ROMs will make this board into a 3C527.....

So two questions to the group -- Anyone have drivers for DOS, Win 3.11 or 95 for this IBM flavor board? And secondly, does anyone have a ROM dump for the two ROMs on the 3C527 MCA board?

Thanks!!

I think you're right that this is an RS6000 version. I've seen that mentioned before.

Haven't tried the 3C523 / 3C529 drivers, but I did try the 3C527 drivers from that same page. And those definitely don't work. The diagnostic tool says the board isn't there...

Attached are a couple of pics of the board. It REALLY looks like the 3C527.

20190810_141142271_iOS.jpg
20190810_141144904_iOS.jpg

I got the ADF from here: http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm
ID was 8EF5.

Of course I could go buy another MCA network board off eBay for $50 and I'm sure that'll work. But it's kinda fun trying to get this one to work...

Back