• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM WDS-380S jumper settings

Fox-1

Hello all,

I'm in need of jumper setting of above SCSI disk. It seems this one is not listed in the old MS-DOS databases I kept from the past and Googling for it only returns a zillion vendors claiming they can sell you such drive (yeah right). I noticed some references to Apple and PS/2 so it may be it was a common drive for these systems.

P/N : 38F8308
MLC : C81025
FRU : 56F8854
MODEL WDS-380S 80MB
09/28/91

The ID# pins (and LED) on the front are a give-away but there are 5 more jumpers at the back. It may be these have something to do with term-power and termination but I've no idea which is what. I do know the drive requires a parity supporting host adapter and there is no way to turn it off with a jumper.

Also, what is a good online source for looking up specs/settings for obsolete hard disks? It becomes more and more difficult to Google for these. (Hmm, maybe I should put the ones I have online)

I noticed that one.

It looks very similar but only the SCSI ID# jumpers are listed. No mention of the other 5 jumpers.

i got mine to work

i got mine to work

I got mine to work last night theres three long black bar looking things toward the top left (if drive is oriented with scsi connector up) i pulled all three of those off and mine worked and booted up to windows, before the scsi card wouldn't recognize it at all. originally the drive came out of a ibm ps2 model 80 with a i386

Back