• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South IBM XT Floppy and Fixed Disk Ribbon Cables (Specific ones)

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.

Matt87

Hey everyone!

I am working on restoring an IBM XT/5160 that has a lot of sentimental value to me. In addition to getting it working I am also trying to match some cosmetic aspects of how the machine was setup when I received it. As such, I am looking for some specific cables for the floppy drives/fixed disks.

I am looking for blue ones that look like these:
s-l1600.jpg

If anyone has any they are willing to let go or knows where I can source them I would be very appreciative. I have some of the gray ones if someone was interested in a trade, for whatever reason.

Thank you!

I've had a few XT's over the years and all them had darker grey cables with a blue stripe...

I am sure most of them did have the gray ones. My grandfather worked there and so I’m sure some of the parts he ended up with were not standard issue for a production machine.

Back