• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Icon 7 by Microseeds (published by Inline Design) for System 7

olePigeon

Veteran Member
Howdy,

I just snagged a copy of this nifty utility off eBay. Unfortunately the disk is unreadable. I tried it in several different floppy drives, including my AEHD+ which is very good at reading disks my Apple drive can't, but no go.

Interestingly Microseeds is still around. I threw them an email and they said they no longer have a copy of it. It's been almost 30 years. :p But they DID give me permission to upload it if I happen to stumble across a copy.

I was hoping someone here might still have it. It was a System 7+ Extension that when you Get Info on an item, you can double-click on the icon and it'll load up a resource ditor right there on the spot. Allow you to modify the icon. You can also save it to an icon library file. Super convenient not having to load up ResEdit.

I do have an AppleSauce FDC. I could try imaging it. The file itself (according to the manual) is only 180KB out of the whole 800K floppy disk. Maybe the disk header is damage but the files OK? I just don't know how to extract data off a Flux image, though. I don't know anything about sector editing or that kind of stuff.

Back