• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

identify 16 bit memory card

Its a true you write, it was not a good deal at all and I wouldnt do that again. But I try to save as much as I can. As written I am not going to pay for these ICs, I will test the marked ones in my card and return them afterwards. I think I have good chances to get the right ones....

Not a dumb question. Testext should should also detect this single ram chip somewhere if the DIPs are configured for extended memory. So that would be a good point to start. You may have noticed I am the author of the instruction at vogons and I got several cards running that way ;-)

The box with the ICs arrived.

I was right with the 2nd RAM-card. I took the PALs marked in my picture and the card is running now! I will report in the Vogons-thread when I have some time and figured out the remaining DIP-settings.

However, no success with the MEMOPLUS so far. I removed the label "PAU98" and there is also a AM27.... under it. Therefore maybe you are right and the ICs have not been exchanged on this card.
But I am still not sure if my card is working or not. It would be very helpful if mikey99 could test some DIP-settings with the "testext" program...

I still think my card is dead but I purchased the Suntek Memplus driver disk from above linked auction. The seller was very nice and sold me the single disk for a good price. Will take some days/weeks to arrive. Hope it has not been overwritten and its still readable.

Driver disk arrived and works. No manual included but EMS driver, printer spooler driver and some testing applications.

My card still doesnt work.

I will post the files after somebody uploads the testext output of his card :p I need a working configuration to test mine more efficiently...

memoplus.jpg

IMG_1492r.jpg

What do you mean about this:

testext output of his card

Maybe a upload to zerominusdegrees.net ?

Last edited:
So you only need to set the dip switches?

SW1

1 = off
2 = off
3 = off
4 = off
5 = on
6 = off
7 = on
8 = on

SW2

1 = off
2 = on
3 = off
4 = on
5 = off
6 = on
7 = on
8 = off

Dont know what it is.

He doesnt even care.. Why would we help him, if its not from his side.

You cant thinking about your self, if you dont care about others..
And still.... He got the original floppy and we are not.
So why will you then ignore us..

I will only be for a help, when i got my 286 running , which is not in the current time.
But will help when i can.
Only it will come with a price.

So tell us what kind of problem YOU have? YOU should think about it twice before posting something like that.

I think _I_ contributed much more to the community than YOU did.

What do you expect? Other people make the work and pay the money and you get the results and the support for nothing?

Look at the suntac thread at Vogons. Its almost all my stuff. YOU asked for Hi-Res scans of the layout not long ago. YOU got them from ME - and I didnt see even a THANK YOU for this!

Regarding the drivers for this fu****ing RAM card in this thread:
I posted the Ebay link where you could buy the driver long ago!
NOBODY cared. NOBODY bought it.
_I_ contacted the seller.
_I_ BOUGHT this disc. _I_ contacted a friend in UK who has nothing to do with PC stuff and got it was shipped to my country wioth several hops afterwards.

I asked for some data from the other owners of this card. I got NOTHING from them.

What do you think what this here is? All have to pay and work so that ROBIN4 gets his support for FREE?

I wrote this driver will not help getting the card running. And I also wrote I will upload this after getting some simple data. What i so difficult to understand and why do I deserve such message?!

When looking at your questions I think you dont even understand what this is all about!
Enough of this.

I think _I_ contributed much more to the community than YOU did.

This really says NOTHING.. Maybe iam not the whole of the time on the forums, but doing things in my time that are more worth it, trying to repair stuff.

That your ram card not work i cant blame it.. Its just give and take, and sometimes you have to be lucky with it and sometimes its a loss. And sometimes it will take more time to solve or repair.
And on my attitude.. Iam just an open guy.. And just willing to share with everyone, i dont see any loss on doing that.. Its only helpfull for others that encounters the same.

Dont forget you bought that card on a risk. That it will always is. So you cant complain to me, why it isnt working.

Regarding the drivers for this fu****ing RAM card in this thread:
I posted the Ebay link where you could buy the driver long ago!
NOBODY cared. NOBODY bought it.
_I_ contacted the seller.
_I_ BOUGHT this disc. _I_ contacted a friend in UK who has nothing to do with PC stuff and got it was shipped to my country wioth several hops afterwards.

Cant use my paypal account anymore, if i did, i could it bought it also.. But couldnt.
So please dont blame me anything.
But funny is, you get the disk, but card seems to be death? Yeah just a bad luck for both it seems. And nobody is helped either way ;)

Last edited:
I can only run that program for you when i have a working system.
Is there a URL to vogons? Please give.. (i dont know where to look)

Back