• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IIGS Display options

I have the MicroDrive and love it. Don't know anything first hand about the Focus IDE drive, but the MicroDrive works well. I just this week picked up a few more 128 MB CF cards & decided to create a backup of the one that came with the drive. The directions for starting from scratch are excellent and the process is a breeze, even for those who are not all that geekish.

I have IIGS ROM03 with a Transwarp card, MicroDrive 128 MB card (partitioned into 4 32 meg drives), and two SCSI drives running off the Apple Sandwich High Speed SCSI card and everything works like a charm. I continue to be amazed at how well the Apple II line was built and lasts. The design of the IIGS is, in my opinion, wonderful! And the original II+ and IIe keyboards are something else - how many of today's keyboards will last 30+ years? Sorry, I digress...

I am extremely grateful for the MicroDrive, and am looking forward to some of the new hardware which is being developed for the line. By no means a slur against the Focus Drive, but if you get a MicroDrive, I'm sure you'll be quite pleased with it... and I assume the same for the Focus Drive!

Back