• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I'm in a game and computer shop again! 1 More Level of El Paso

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
It's not my own, but I am glad to not have to deal with the logistics and paperwork of running a store. Main technician for vintage and modern computers and modder for the classic systems. Also I will be the one repairing them.

If you didn't know, my own shop, Super Mega Turbo Classic Gaming and Computers, shut down due to robbery about two years ago. Lots of drama, some hurt feelings, but I am still going at it as the main computer tech at 1 More Level Video Games of El Paso.

It's been a rough two years since the shop closed but since I won't be the one running it, just the technician that helps out it's a LOT less pressure and I'll be able to get a LOT more done.

AFAIK there is no website and the store is just opening. I am guessing I will be the one running any website and taking any online ordering or online sales. Works for me, I still have 90% of what was in the store in a storage unit.

WOOHOO!!

Huh. I had no idea you weren't running your own shop anymore--I guess I missed that post!

I'm glad you've landed on your feet, though. Hopefully your new boss is cool and doesn't produce much drama.

-Don

Huh. I had no idea you weren't running your own shop anymore--I guess I missed that post!
I'm glad you've landed on your feet, though. Hopefully your new boss is cool and doesn't produce much drama.

I guess I missed the drama post as well.

Indeed ... the very best wishes in your new endeavour!

Congrats and best wishes to the new gig. Hopefully you'll be able to get a more stable check and less hours out of the deal. I know a local shop owner here who was pretty eager to sell. His point as you may have experienced was some months you have triple or double what you expect to come in and more money than you know what to do with, others you come in short and are trying to figure out how to pay the bill w/o a check. Either way, he ended up selling and then working for another chain that did the same work and is much happier without the extra stress, hours, and a stable check coming in again.

Grats man! I hope every works out great for you.
I too know the "fun" of running your own business, I was very happy when I fired myself =P and took a position with another local company.

Yes, congratulations on the new job and I hope it works out well for you.

It's been so long since I worked for someone else, I don't know if I could live without the stress LOL

I'm still a firm believer that it's better to rule in hell than serve in heaven though :)

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. I was kind of low key about the robbery, it was an angry time for me. I seem to have made some enemies because of everything that went down, but hey, a person can't please everybody.

Being just the tech and helping do setup and all is good for me. I have noticed how he prices stuff and am very glad it isn't my store. I'm going to have to discuss a few things with him, advise and hope, but not dictate. Mainly because I just don't care that much :) I had my fill of running a business in this town. I told him one thing only: If you want them to move fast put them online. He seemed to agree. We'll see.

This definitely puts me back in my element, though, and I'm going to love it. Barythrin, I know PRECISELY what you mean about having so much and then it going to nothing, had many cycles like that one. When I was robbed I was actually on the upward curve of that particular chart. Argh, letting it go is the hardest thing. <calming self>

Since this started, the whole idea of my being in a shop again, my internal drive to do the stuff has started to come back, along with the adrenaline and endorphin rushes I get when I fix computer stuff. Yes, I'll be loving it, and thanks again guys!

Hey, congratulations!

I hope many interesting machines go through your hands in your new position.

I'd like to add my best wishes too. My wife runs a small business. I know all about just how hard that is.

Tez

Back