• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I'm new here.

Creator

Just found the forum after discovering an interest in vintage computers. Long retired software guy who moved there from a decade or so of hardware development. After retirement it was 10+years before I wrote a line of code or touched a piece of test equipment. Then I discovered the world of Arduino's and their like and it's been a steady stream of HW/SW projects ever since. Recently I pulled a Sinclair ZX80 out of a dusty box to see if the 16K of DRAM I made & added to it in, I think, the early 80's still worked. It did so there have been a couple of related projects for that. Found a couple of really excellent sites dealing with that platform. Collecting dust in my basement is a TRS-80 model 1 that I expanded beyond recognition with components of my own and commercial. Wondering if I should resurrect all that. Still get exited when I see the likes of some old Heathkit stuff and old computers from the early 8 bit days. Should be plenty here to keep my attention. Hopefully I'll be able to add some too.

seaken

Veteran Member
Welcome to the forum. I love reading all the posts about old 8-bit stuff. I was intrigued when I was young with those machines but never got to use them in person until after I was married. And by then they were "old computers". I've been playing with old computers since, but mostly 16 and 32 bit PC stuff.

Seaken