• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Imsai 8080 (mine) on ebay

Soupwizard

Experienced Member
Just FYI I've listed an early serial# Imsai 8080 with drives etc on ebay under seller "soupwizard" (just so you know it's me, and not some other soupwizard :rolleyes:). If anyone in the US Pacific Northwest wins we can work out something on local pick-up, otherwise I'm going to pack the heck out of it for shipping. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/291599205793

I have the shipping options listed as UPS Ground and FedEx Ground. I keep hearing both are horrible. I wonder how many problems are the shipping company, and how many are people who don't pack well. I lan to double box the imsai itself, with 4 inches of shipping material (bubble wrap, shipping peanuts) on each side between it and the outside world.

With respect, there is no 'Buy It Now' option on your eBay link so it's technically an auction not a sale, nor do you mention you'd trade it. There is a 'Vintage Computer Auctions' subforum here on the Board which (IMO) would be a better place to list your machine.

With respect, there is no 'Buy It Now' option on your eBay link so it's technically an auction not a sale, nor do you mention you'd trade it. There is a 'Vintage Computer Auctions' subforum here on the Board which (IMO) would be a better place to list your machine.

Ah I wasn't sure if the 'Vintage Computer Auctions' was a good place for this - the forum rules for that subforum describe it as a place to run auctions on-site (post something you are selling, receive bids by reply or pm) and don't mention it as a place to list stuff you're selling off-site.

After close looking, I do see the description of the 'Vintage Computer Auctions' subforum as "list or conduct auctions", so this should be here. Can a mod move this thread to 'Vintage Computer Auctions' ?

Back