• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

In comp.os.cpm: Dozens of CP/M Floppy Discs, Manuals, Systems, Memorabilia

SteveH

Experienced Member
Noticed the following post in comp.os.cpm today. Sorry but the link is via Google groups

Dozens of CP/M Floppy Discs, Manuals, Systems, Memorabilia

I worked for Digital Research out of the Dallas Sales office in the late 70's and early 80's. When the office closed I scooped up a CompuPro 8/16 as well as a number of packaged products. Before that, I worked for Mostek Corp and still have some Manuals an 8" media from that era. I also have a Challenge Systems CS1000 system. I also have the original S100 Z80 system I build in the mid 70's (from parts). I'm ready to dispose of any or all of these if anyone is interested in it. Please contact me at billva@betav.com.

Whilst of interest to quite a few of us, it's probably more accessible to someone on the USA side of the pond.

He appears to be in Redmond, Washington USA. Not Dallas Tx.

He appears to be in Redmond, Washington USA. Not Dallas Tx.

Despite his mention of Dallas Tx, in another message about Mostek development systems, he expanded his history to moving to Redmond Washington, USA. I checked his website and it lists local Redmond weather...

If you're in the Pacific Northwest, USA or Canada, it might be worth contacting him and considering the trip. If he were in Dallas, I'd have been there 3 days ago. :)

Still too far of a drive from England... Half the time would be consumed just trying to pass through downtown London.

I got a return receipt that he just read my email asking for clarification of where the stuff is... Dallas or Redmond. I'll edit this as soon as I know first-hand.

UPDATE: I think we can now assume he's in Redmond. My email said, if you're in Dallas, contact me.

Like a programmer he must have read that as a C instruction: if(@Dallas){email(JDallas);}
With no "else"" clause included, no reply was necessary in C. :)

Had to ask... that Mostek development stuff from Dallas could have still been stored in Dallas.

Last edited:
If anyone is contacting Bill (I will email separately) I would like to express an interest in any diskettes or materials related to the IBM Displaywriter).

thanks.

I got a reply confirming that he's in Redmond... not a surprise.

I will be interested to see any posting of what he has available.
I'm slightly interested in the Mostek development systems he has... I was offered a job at Mostek upon graduation to design some of those boards so I'm a little curious to see them.

Update: gslick... thanks.

Last edited:
Back