• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Instant Vintage Computer Collection on eBay!

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
8,763
Location
Saginaw, MI, USA 48601
This was on eBay UK last week, with a 650 pound starting price. I guess nobody met his reserve. And shipping? Forget it, best to hire a big ol' truck (lorrie) and collect it in person.

--T
 

Unknown_K

Veteran Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2003
Messages
8,528
Location
Ohio/USA
How many copies of the same computer do you realy want to deal with anyway? Spare parts are ok, but 15 complete systems is a bit overkill (especialy for common items like a c64).
 

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
2,981
Location
Back of Burke (Guday!), Australia
"Terry Yager" wrote:

> This was on eBay UK last week,
> with a 650 pound starting price.
> I guess nobody met his reserve.
> And shipping? Forget it, best to
> hire a big ol' truck (lorrie) and
> collect it in person.

Oh come on, tell him his dreaming
£2999?!? I'd be telling him £299!

I mean, it looks like a scam just to
get lots of money, by showing a
picture of computer boxes (which
is probably all they are). Who's this
guy, an ex-member of some
museum! Looks like a 'con artist to
me! ;-)

Cheers,
CP/M User.
 

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
8,763
Location
Saginaw, MI, USA 48601
CP/M User said:
I mean, it looks like a scam just to
get lots of money, by showing a
picture of computer boxes (which
is probably all they are). Who's this
guy, an ex-member of some
museum! Looks like a 'con artist to
me! ;-)

Cheers,
CP/M User.

Sheesh! And I thought I was paranoid...
(I am, actually...got papers to prove it):

http://webpages.charter.net/tyger69/default.htm/eval1.tif
http://webpages.charter.net/tyger69/default.htm/eval2.tif

They tell me that when you find words like "paranoid", "delusional", "schizophrenic", and the like on your Psyche Eval, that it is Not A Good Thing. BTW, the GAF (General Assesment of Functioning) score of 35 is on a scale of one to one hundred. 35 is also A Bad Thing.

Now all you people who have been reading my ramblings on this board for the past year, and thinking I might be looney have all the proof ya need.

--T
 

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
2,981
Location
Back of Burke (Guday!), Australia
"Terry Yager" wrote:

> Sheesh! And I thought I was paranoid...
> (I am, actually...got papers to prove it):

> They tell me that when you find words
> like "paranoid", "delusional", "schizophrenic", and the like
> on your Psyche Eval, that it is Not A Good Thing.
> BTW, the GAF (General Assesment of Functioning) score
> of 35 is on a scale of one to one hundred. 35 is also A
> Bad Thing.

> Now all you people who have been reading my
> ramblings on this board for the past year, and thinking
> I might be "looney" have all the proof ya need.

So this is your doing?! ;-)

Okay, so you've got the proof, however why sell the
whole thing as one package? This is what I'm lost on.

At least make some people happy by splitting stuff up
system by system, or doesn't anybody have the patience
anymore to do that?

The way I see it, the people who don't have the patience
are the ones who need treatment, because it's not normal
to be inpatient.

Cheers,
CP/M User.
 

dongfeng

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,348
Location
London, England
If you look at the winning bidders history, he seems to be buying things in bulk (computer games, etc) and selling them separate. So, my guess is that he has bought this to sell on eBay. Which is good news!!!
 

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
2,981
Location
Back of Burke (Guday!), Australia
"dongfeng" wrote:

> If you look at the winning bidders history, he seems to
> be buying things in bulk (computer games, etc) and
> selling them separate. So, my guess is that he has
> bought this to sell on eBay. Which is good news!!!

I thought this guy was selling the whole thing as one,
hence the £2999! price tag.

Oh well!! :)
CP/M User.
 

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
8,763
Location
Saginaw, MI, USA 48601
Mebbe the original seller doesn't have the time/energy/patience/whatever to list all the stuff separately. I know that I have only a few small things to sell on eBay, but for some reason, I just keep procrastinatin'...everything just seems to land inna pile designated "eBay stuff".

--T
 

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
2,981
Location
Back of Burke (Guday!), Australia
"dongfeng" wrote:

>> If I understood it correctly, the seller sold it as a
>> lot but the buyer is likely to split it up and sell it
>> again in parts.

> Yes, that's what I meant :)

Fingers Crossed! ;-)

Cheers,
CP/M User.
 
Top