• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Intel Aboveboard Plus 8, PC selection jumper / shunt

darrylo

Hi All,
My first post here but I have been lurking for a while.

I have a Intel Aboveboard Plus 8 that I would like to use in an XT machine. From the manual there needs to be some kind of shunt / selector in a socket to make it work on a 8 bit bus.

Does anyone have one ? or more reasonably can anyone test its pinout so I can try DIY one.

Kind Regards

I have an Intel Matched Memory Classic Memory Board installed in an IBM PC 5150. It uses the same PC selection plug as an Intel Aboveboard Plus 8 and I did not have the plug. I made 7 short jumper wires and inserted them in the socket pin 1 to pin 14, pin 2 to pin 13 ... pin 7 to pin 8. The board is working well.

I have an Intel Matched Memory Classic Memory Board installed in an IBM PC 5150. It uses the same PC selection plug as an Intel Aboveboard Plus 8 and I did not have the plug. I made 7 short jumper wires and inserted them in the socket pin 1 to pin 14, pin 2 to pin 13 ... pin 7 to pin 8. The board is working well.
Hi @Old Bill Bailey, if it's not too difficult, please share a photo of your Intel Classic card. I tried to find one in good quality online, but there wasn't any.

Back