• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Interesting build - RPi in a Model III with original keyboard and screen working!

I've actually thought about trying to build an expansion card sort of thing for my Model IV, with an rPi on it, to make it run a Tandy Model 16 emulator.

Being that the Model 16 was a Model II with the z80 being used entirely for peripheral control, I figured it might be possible to split it between emulating the 68k stuff on the Pi, and then running some software on the hardware z80 to emulate the Model 16 peripheral access on the Model IV, and then have them talking through some kind of latch mechanism (probably faster than just doing it the easy way over a serial port).

But that is another project I'll never get around to. Heck, I haven't even gotten 'round to *fixing* my Model 4 yet. :3

Not that I'd want that... But if a machine has modwork done, not showing it is a reg flag.

I wanted to do this with a ruined 1000SL system (badly corroded motherboard) but I'm just not smart enough to drive a CGA interface via RPI.

Back