• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Interesting estate sale today

Dokken

Experienced Member
the listing said the person was an antique radio buff. And I have never seen such a collection of all sorts of tube radios in one place (outside of shango's garage) . As much as I love tube radios, I got distracted by some of the unmentioned computer stuff. An IBM PS/1 was tucked away on a top shelf ($15), a no-name pentium with some great cards in it, a TRS-80 FD-502 drive, a TRS-80 Network 2 setup, about 6 mechanical IBM/other XT/AT keyboards, TRS-80 cassette deck...most of this was in boxes he gave me for $10/box.

but what really interested me were the cardboard boxes marked 'vintage catalogs'. probably 100 Radio Shack catalogs (computer, regular, dealer, etc) going back to the 60s. And a couple of very neat hardbound catalogs marked anniversary edition. Most had the mailing label of our local RS store. I got one of the guy's QSL cards so I can find out if I knew him.

Going back tomorrow for half price day. All radios were $30 and there were some beauties, but I just didn't have time to go through everything.

radios Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 4.38.05 PM.pngcatalogs Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 4.38.58 PM.png

Looks like some good stuff. If the prices are that good get all you can. The stuff you dont want you can resell to members here. (y)

Back