• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ISA Slot Extensions?

southbird

Experienced Member
Not exactly "vintage", but I'm finding them hard to locate. Basically something like this: http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/isasx2-p-815.html

I wouldn't care if it had a cable or if it's just a fixed extension, but in any case I'm looking to push vertically upward off the motherboard to support some evil science experiments. Anyone know if there's anywhere I can find these?

I have some ISA risers that provide several slots horizontally from a single vertical slot that I'd sell, but not something exactly like how you linked - never saw that before.

I have some ISA risers that provide several slots horizontally from a single vertical slot that I'd sell, but not something exactly like how you linked - never saw that before.

Yeah, I don't have room to go sideways, looking just to go upward. And actually these are still available in EISA form (!) as well as PCI, AGP, PCI-Ex, etc... I might have just missed the window

Digi-Key used to sell these, but unfortunately it has also been discontinued.

MFG_7098-EXT.jpg

how hard would it be to make one of those? Just get some 16-bit prototyping board with the 16-bit bus connector, and run wire from end to end, or solid blank pcp with the connector and just add your own traces and top-side connector?

Relatively a lot of time and parts for something that I should be able to get premanufactured is all :)

Here's a company that apparently still sells them:

http://www.twinind.com/subcategory/isa-extender-cards

I hope that helps

Ha, boy they're a rip off in every way... I have to pay about the same amount in shipping as I do the product... and there's a minimum order amount of $20. The item I figured would work was their $15 extender, so they said I could either buy more stuff or just pay them $20 to meet the minimum. But if no one comes up with anything else, this might be the only option.

I wish the cabled one was in stock though; that would be a boon for expanding my Tandy 1000 RL too :D

You could always buy the 10-pack of their ISA extenders with the 90 degree bend to go with it. . .they were only $20.00 for a set of 10. I was just surprised to find someone with them still in stock for sale--and the near $150 price for the long extender was insane. . .

Back