• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Jameco JE1001 xt motherboard and JE1071 multi I/O + video card user manuals

candrews

Experienced Member
I am trying to get one of my old clones running that has a jameco 8mhz turbo motherboard from jameco (JE1001) and a multi I/O + video card (JE1071). I am only getting POST beeps and no video so no idea what it is complaining about. possibly some jumper fell off or dip switch settings changed or the whole thing is junk now. Does anyone happen to have documentation for these two items?

thank you

craig

Continuous beeps could inticate a short.

Actually a better, more detailed description of the beep pattern is required as there are literally too many different beep codes to start guessing. :)

Stone,

long short short which on the true IBM indicated a video issue i believe. however, this is a 'turbo plus' by some unknown mfg. so who knows if they used the same POST beep codes. In this case i I would believe that it is a video problem so am pursuing that route. Everyone knows what upgrading was like and this was 25 years ago...... i probably upgraded my video and disabled the JE1071(the JE1071 is a multi I/O with serial/parallel/game/FDD/CGA) but then at a later time moved that new video card and put it in a new machine, leaving this without video. so it may just be a dip or jumper on the JE1071..now which one of the 14 switches and 19 jumpers?

thanks

Back