• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Juko D16-X 8bit ISA IDE controller, is it any good?

keropi

Experienced Member
Hiya!

I just got a Juko D16-X 8bit ISA IDE controller , it has bios v1.0 , this is the string in the start of the BIOS: "AT-BUS IDE HARD DISK DRIVE INTERFACE ADAPTER IN XT, VERSION 1.0 Copyright 1990, 1991 JUKO"

vHiullw.jpg

I have found the jumper settings here after reading Chuck(G)'s reply in this thread (though the thread is about a later model of the controller I think).

At any rate, anyone knows what's the deal with this?
Is it worth messing with it or I will have to hunt for old ide drives for it? (I actually don't have the space inside my ACER XT machine for a drive, I can only fit a CF with an ide adapter...)

I can post the BIOS if it's of any interest , or I can try the XTIDE one - as long as it doesn't kill a drive with low-level format :p

Thanks in advance for any info/tips!

http://museum.ttrk.ee/th99/c/I-L/20274.htm is another place to look at. If the table is correct, you would need to find a drive of 150 MB or less. Almost certain to not work with any drive over the 504MB limit.

The likely best course of action for it would be to save the BIOS and then install a XTIDE BIOS instead to handle the CF card.

Back