• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just bought a amiga 4000D and T

greenmeanie

Experienced Member
I paid $50.00 for the desktop and 150.00 for the tower and a bunch of software.
Hope to get them running and in working order soon.

Very nice indeed. I've never been able to play with a 4000 so I look once and a while but usually it's out of my price range for a play toy.

You'll find that the 4000 still to this day has a lot of support going for it. "aminet" is your friend -- you'll find more software there than you can play with in your lifetime.

While you can add a network card, or 3d accelerator, or PowerPC accelerator card (or 68060 accelerator) *those* are pretty hard to find (most die-hards won't part with them). If you already have those components, consider yourself lucky!

The A500 is also a great little machine for games, and are usually somewhat cheap. 1986, an Amiga 1000 (big brother of the A500), and a copy of Defender of the Crown and I was **FLOORED**. Both software and hardware were years ahead of their time.

Double?
If that;'s a 4000T, it'll fetch probably 4 times what he paid for it!!!

As for Amiga software, UseNet is your ABSOLUTE best friend :lol:

T

pic

pic

Here is a pic.
Well I said hope but they could be running due in Monday.

Attachments

• 4000tt.jpg
    4000tt.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
AMINET is great for utilities, there are a couple websites for drivers, and if you like games google TOSEC and WHDload.

I love my Amigas (500, 2000, 1200, 3000), the 4000's are a bit harder to find and are not cheap.

It fired right up.
Came with a /60 processor and a cybervision 64/3D
Going to start cleaning it up and make it look pretty. Also thinking of adding a bigger HD.

Dude!

Where are you hanging out? I'd like to visit and score like that!!!!
jawdrop.gif

I paid $50.00 for the desktop and 150.00 for the tower and a bunch of software.
Hope to get them running and in working order soon.

Back