• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just got an Apple IIc Plus!

RadRacer203

Veteran Member
So I was browsing Letgo this past week and I came across an "Apple Computer" which looked like a regular old IIc that I thought I'd clean up and probably flip because I'm not really an Apple person. Turns out it's a IIc Plus with the original monitor, and external 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives. Once I saw the complete setup and how well it works, I completely changed my mind and I'm keeping this thing. I probably won't start collecting these anytime soon, but this one is such a sweet little machine it's staying. I'll post some more pictures as I slowly tear into this thing and clean and retrobrite it! It's overall really nice but filthy and slightly yellow. The back of the monitor is very yellow.

Message_1539550690070.jpg

Looks like you have a little beauty. I had two and kept one with the stand and the color monitor.
I'll keep it until they pull me out of here feet first.
Congrats!

Yeah, I was really surprised how nice it actually was. Not all scratched or scuffed up at all. I also like how small and compact it is so it won't take up much space on my desk

I'm excited to try it out! is there any way to make 3.5" floppy disks for it on a windows computer? Or with a usb floppy drive in a newer Mac? The only other Apple computer I have is an eMac.

I'm excited to try it out! is there any way to make 3.5" floppy disks for it on a windows computer? Or with a usb floppy drive in a newer Mac?
You would need a kryoflux or similar device. The Apple II 3.5" uses the same GCR encoded variable bitrate 800k format as the early Mac and Lisa. This is vastly different than anything supported by PCs or USB floppy drives.

My friend has an Apple 2 with ADT Pro, so I think I'll borrow it to make some disk for this thing. I got pretty lucky on this. Bought it untested for $40 and everything works perfectly and it's all intact except a chip out of the external 5.25" floppy drive. I'll never understand why people don't bother testing things when they could be a lot more valuable working...

If i remember correctly, this chip goes bad when disk drive connector is plugged incorrectly (in the Disk II drive at least)

Back