• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro boot disk's .BAS games

vanderk

Experienced Member
Are you sure it is not MBASIC.COM? I recall that some of the Kaypro BASIC games required OBASIC instead (e.g., Star Trek). If you are trying to run a program in either MBASIC or OBASIC, run MBASIC/OBASIC. Load the program by typing load "filename.bas" and then, once loaded, type run "filename.bas"

ahm

Staff member
I am curious of how to load and play the .BAS games in the boot disk. The boot disk also has MBASIC.BAS too.
Let's hope you mean MBASIC.COM

From the CP/M prompt:
Code:
A>MBASIC B:FOO.BAS

From inside MBASIC:
Code:
A>MBASIC
BASIC-80 Rev. 5.21
[CP/M Version]
Copyright 1977-1981 (C) by Microsoft
Created: 28-Jul-81
34872 Bytes free
Ok

FILES"B:*.BAS"
(listing of programs with .BAS suffix)

RUN"B:FOO.BAS"

(or)

LOAD"B:FOO.BAS"
RUN

(also try:)
LIST

Have fun,
Andy

Dougtronics

Experienced Member
Chris and Andy,

With your help I am able to play BLKJK.BAS, Black Jack Las Vegas Style all night long. I have tried the command FILES, LIST, LOAD and RUN. I play the game with the disk in A drive. I have not figure out how to copy the game to the disk in B drive and play there yet. The will be the next project.

Doug

Ragooman

Experienced Member
You should try SBASIC too, that was on my Kaypro boot disk. That's a Basic compiler just like CBASIC, and it will make the programs zoom. I don't think every Basic program will compile on there since it was made for a VDU display on the Kaypro instead of a serial terminal. So you may have to make a few tweaks with some of the PRINT statements.

=Dan

Maniak

Chris and Andy,

With your help I am able to play BLKJK.BAS, Black Jack Las Vegas Style all night long. I have tried the command FILES, LIST, LOAD and RUN. I play the game with the disk in A drive. I have not figure out how to copy the game to the disk in B drive and play there yet. The will be the next project.

Doug

To copy the file your going to use "pip".

~Mark

Junior Ramos

Experienced Member
Hi friends,
Any one know where I can download a Basic-80 image my one is damage.
I check in Dave website, but this one is not there.
Thanks