• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

King's Bounty on a 1000TX

Hatta

Experienced Member
I can't get King's Bounty to run on my 1000TX. It just sits there, and doesn't respond to ctrl-alt-delete.

I have a full 768K of RAM. I've tried invoking it as 'KB', 'KB T' to force Tandy mode, and 'KB C' to force CGA. Ive tried setting MODE SLOW. The same files run on DOSBOX.

Any ideas?

Were you playing off the original disks or an online sourced copy? As DOSBox normally defaults to VGA, maybe there are a file is missing/broken that are required for the TGA and CGA modes?

Hey Hey, I happen to have a copy o King's Bounty, I'll see if i can't get it running on my TX and let ya know :)

My TX was built in 1987, no coprocessor, 768k RAM(that upgrade is idiotically cheap nowadays, and I have extra 128k chips for it) It's stock other than that. Should have a reply to this in about an hour :)

King's bounty doesn't run on my 1000 either :p It'll run on my 2500SX/20, but yeah, it just sits and spins(I only gave it 2 hours or so) on the TX without doing anything. same for my RL. I have a line on someone who has an original box for it, So I should have the actual original system requirements for it as soon as he digs it outta storage.

It runs fine on my HX. 16 colours, normal mode. I used the files found in the total dos collection.

Back