• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Laserdisc recalibration

atari2600a

Veteran Member
Couldn't find any information on the subject nor a decent forum to ask, so I guess I'm asking here: Does anyone have experience recalibrating a laserdisc player? Mine can barely track a movie, yet runs perfectly well w/ an episode of Star Trek...

I'm not sure, but I think you have to open it and ajust some screws (I have personally NO experience, but I have read a document about how to calibrate a floppy drive. Shouldn't be too much a difference).

Well, opening the unit is a given, screws likely, but there's also a chance it could be a problem w/ a pot level. I have no idea, which is obviously why I'm asking! :p

You will require a calibration disc, an oscilloscope and a lot of patience. To be honest if it's not reading some (known good) discs it is more likely that the lazer is in need of replacement.

BG

Well it's kinda weird, anything THX mastered it likely won't play, anything too old like my original early-80's Star Trek [movie] pressings it won't play, but it'll play a good lot of movies & my entire star trek [episode] collection.

Last edited:
Back