• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Late 70s HP Marketing magazine

whartung

Veteran Member
I've seen examples of an internal HP technical magazine (who's name escapes me). It was regularly published and had articles by the engineers doing deep dives on current or new products etc.

But, in the late 70s, my Dad got an HP magazine that was less technical, more marketing focused. It wasn't particularly thick, I'll say 20ish pages on good, glossy, color paper.

Notably I remember one issue with an article (or series of articles) that discussed the future with powerful hand held devices, in theory extrapolations of what HP was doing in the calculator space (notably the 41), but obviously far beyond just a calculator.

I'm curious if anyone remembers this magazine, what it was called, and whether anyone was crazy enough to scan it in and shove it up to the interwebs somewhere.

That's very interesting, but that's not it. These seem more technical in nature.

But thanks for sharing them with me.

Have you looked at http://hparchive.com/ ?

Measure seems like a fairly chatty marketing magazine with a lot of pictures of happy HP employees building hardware but lacking detailed technical material as opposed to the HP Journal which was very technical.

Very nice link, thank you, but, no, alas, not what I was looking for.

Measure looked entirely internal (articles on Profit Sharing?), and none of these were as "glossy" and "flashy" as what I was thinking.

It may simply have been an elaborate ad campaign, but it was more than just a glossy flier stuck in an envelope which I why I thought it was a periodical.

But thank you again for the link.

Back