• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

latest aquisition

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
It's not every day that I post a picture of my "Pecker" on the internet, but there has to be a first time.....

.... don't worry, it's a rather suprisingly named eprom programmer that the technician at my old workplace donated to me in an effort to solve a bit more of the "Cortex" 2564 eprom burning problem. It doesn't do 2564s, but does do 2704, 2708, 2716, 2732, 2758 (???) and 2532. It's also strange in that you can run the code in the eprom (with breakpoints) on it's internal Z80.
Only slight disadvantage is that there is no serial port for up & downloading, so all code has to be either hand entered (or imported via a 2732)

Attachments

• DSC01238s.jpg
    DSC01238s.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1
Ah... the lack of serial connection explains the name then. You'll have to peck it all in by hand... :mrgreen:

How to make a serial port for the pecker

How to make a serial port for the pecker

I have a pecker with instructions, anyone want to pm me please do so, and I can convert them to PDF and email them. In addition I have added a serial port by upgrading the eeprom inside the pecker from a 2716 to a 2732 and bit bashing a serial input from a pin on the eeprom socket. A simple transistor level converter completes the serial interface. With today's modern electronics I would use a max232 for the interrface, but I built this in the early 80s - and it still works.

I've scanned in the manual already so it's available (already!).
Incidentally, nowt wrong with bit-bashing, I've done plenty pic based serial interfaces with a "naughty" capacitor rs232 level shift. (It's not to spec, but it usually works)

Back