• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Latest Barn Find

BuggZ

Experienced Member
I found a Tandy 1000 in a barn this week while looking at some old cars. After cleaning the crud out the BIOS chip fell out as all the pins were corroded. Do you think it is salvageable?

IMG_2578small.JPGIMG_2593small.JPGIMG_2594small.JPGIMG_2595Small.JPG

Given the right programmer (or someone with an appropriate programmer), that BIOS ROM ought be replaceable. Tandy's a pretty common name, so someone ought be able to back you up. Might be a fun(?) challenge restoration.

If you decide that you don't want to try to restore it, I would take if off your hands for a reasonable price and try. If there is enough pin left on that ROM to solder wires to, I can probably read it and burn a new one.

Did you find the keyboard, too? They use a non-standard Tandy-specific keyboard, and require an adapter to use a standard XT or AT board on them.

No keyboard found. I may go back in a few months and have another look around if the owners are willing. There was a lot of stuff throughout the barn. The owner (now deceased) "collected" a bit of everything and now the family is dealing with cleaning up the property.

Back