• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

List of PDP-8 Omnibus signals

.. The embedded Acrobat viewer was a pain to get working properly, but it's almost ubiquitous, so it was a reasonable choice. I've recently switched to SumatraPDF, which is simple, and quite good for panning around when zoomed in on a schematic. Embedding SumatraPDF might be an option in a future version.

Ha.. I already had Summatra PDF v3.02 installed, but adding Acrobat Reader DC is not a problem. Maybe there's a way to check (during install) if the required PDF reader is present? If not, alert the user to install it?

Those source & destination fields came from Appendix B of the "PDP-8/e/f/m MAINTENANCE MANUAL VOLUME 1", and were subject to OCR errors, and my programming/editing errors.
And you are correct, there is an error on C1R: The second M8350 should be M836.
(nothing in either of those two fields should be duplicated, but may appear in both).
I'll fix it, but for now, you can just edit the text file:-
C1R Sources: KC8-EA,M8330
Destinations: KC8-EA,M8330,M8310,M8300,M8650,M8350,M836

I think we want to refer to the M8360 option (not the limited run, problematic, initial release version)

But I'm wondering if those two fields should not be changed to more general and readily understood forms such as: CPU, TimingGen, Console, Memory, I/O, DataBreak, etc?

That could work, but we should try to list all the known modules included in each category for reference. Not all memory boards connect to the same set of signals.

And looking at that appendix, we see that DEC used "C1R" rather than "CR1". (which is where I adopted that format from)
So maybe the two formats are interchangeable, and the program can be left as is in that regard?

I'd prefer to work with just the DEC standard pin designations.

Last edited:
... but adding Acrobat Reader DC is not a problem. Maybe there's a way to check (during install) if the required PDF reader is present? If not, alert the user to install it?

I think we want to refer to the M8360 option (not the limited run, problematic, initial release version)

That could work, but we should try to list all the known modules included in each category for reference. Not all memory boards connect to the same set of signals.

I'd prefer to work with just the DEC standard pin designations.

It should be easiy possible to detect absence of Acrobat.

I'm not very familar with PDP-8 boards in general, so I go by the list DEC provided.
Sounds like M836 should be M8360. Rather than me trying to check each entry for correctness, I hope others wil let me know of any further errors.
The text data file can always be edited to suit any user's requirements, one just needs to keep within the fixed columns of each field. Only the Pin and Page numbers need to be maintained for correct operation of the program.

I'll change the pin format to the more usual DEC format. (The program is sensitive to this, so it's not just a text change)

Next version will be when I get around to it...

Back